Welcome to 123ATC
We help people become Air Traffic Controllers in the United States.
Why Air Traffic Control?
Air traffic control is an attractive career for many reasons:
- It is lucrative (view salaries), often ranking among the highest-paid jobs obtainable without a college degree. (Although having a college degree is very helpful in qualifying you if you don't have work experience.)
- In the US, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is the primary employer of air traffic controllers. Along with federal employment comes solid benefits and very good job security.
- One of the more unique benefits is the ability to retire at age 50 or after 20 years of service with a generous pension plan.
- Air traffic controllers have a strong labor union.
- The work can't "come home" with you; there are no after-hours phone calls, emails, or other stressors once you are off the clock.
- Many people enjoy aviation and seeing how things work behind-the-scenes is interesting.
- The government hires you and pays you while you are in training, in contrast with the typical scenario where you pay for your own certification/education before getting hired for a job.